Tradier is a US based brokerage for stocks, ETFs, and options with a REST
based API for trading and market data. The Tradier plugin allows trading on real
accounts and receiving data. For using it you need a Tradier Developer account.
There are two types of Developer accounts: Sandbox (demo mode) and Brokerage
(real mode). For real mode a Tradier Brokerage account is also required.
A free sandbox account can be opened at hhttps://developer.tradier.com for receiving delayed market data.
Paper trading and account data for sandbox accounts is not yet available, but
shall come soon.
The steps to get a brokerage developer account:
- Open a Tradier Brokerage account at
(login with username).
- Open a Tradier Developer account at https://developer.tradier.com
(login with email).
- Email Tradier customer support for a Brokerage Developer access token.
Refer clearly to both accounts.
- Support will email a link to the access token. The link will
disappear after the first click. Copy the access token and keep it safe.
- Log in to the *brokerage* dashboard. Your account ID is on the top left
of the screen.
Zorro login for Tradier:
||Brokerage account ID, or empty in Sandbox mode.
||Brokerage or Sandbox access token.
- Tradier does not support trades, only orders and positions. It uses UUIDs as
order identifiers. The NFA flag is required.
Hedge must be either at 0, 4, or 5, and several Zorros
cannot trade the same assets on the same account because long and short
positions can not be opened simultaneously. Partial closing is supported by
- For resuming old trades when starting a new session, read the positions
with the GET_POSITON command and convert them
to trades by script.
- Tradier supports pending orders. Pending orders to open a position can
be traced with BrokerTrade, pending orders to close a position are cancelled
after the number of milliseconds given by
SET_WAIT if not filled.
- Tradier is limited in the number of simultaneous connections and in the
price retrieval rate. For reducing the number of requests per second,
increase TickTime and/or reduce MaxRequests.
- Tradier only provides a limited amount of intraday historical data (10
days for M1). Systems with a long lookback period need a different data
source and the PRELOAD flag.
Supported broker commands
The plugin supports the brokerCommand function with the following commands:
- SET_ORDERTYPE (1 = GTC, 4 = DAY)
Links, order, brokers, broker plugin,
MTR4 bridge, IB bridge, FXCM plugin
► latest version online