exec(string Program, string Options, int Mode)
Opens an external program, document, URL, or batch file.
Program - file name of the exe, batch file, document, URL to be opened.
Use "Editor" for opening the script editor.
Options - command line parameter string to be passed to the program, or 0 for no command line options.
Mode - 1 for waiting until the external program was terminated, otherwise 0.
0 if the program was not found or could not be started, nonzero otherwise. When mode was 1, the return code of the program.
- The Program parameter can specify a full path (from the root), a partial path (from the Zorro folder), or just a filename. In the latter case the exec function first looks for the file in the Zorro folder, and then in the in the folders specified by the system's PATH environment variable.
- If the Program string does not have a filename extension, the exec function first tries the .COM extension, then the .EXE extension, then the .BAT extension, and finally the .CMD extension.
- If the Program string contains a URL or the name of a document, the standard internet browser or the standard editor for that document is opened.
- '\' characters in strings, like for file paths, have to be given in C-Notation as "\\".
- The external program can be controlled with the keys function.
exec("notepad","test.txt",0); // open notepad
exec("Editor",strf("Log\\%s.csv",Script),0); // open a .csv file in the Log folder with the editor
exec("c:\\program files\\internet explorer\\iexplore.exe","http://www.zorro-trader.com",0); // open an URL with Internet Explorer
exec("http://www.zorro-trader.com",0,0); // open an URL with the standard browser
exec("Zorro",strf("-train %s",Script),0); // start another Zorro instance in training mode